People were able to survive years before without the existence of the gadgets that are now existing in the market. But if it will be up to you, would you rather live a life without the existence of these gadgets or would you prefer the one you live right now? Most of you will likely go with the latter than the former. Who wouldn’t? A lot of these gadgets have made people’s lives easier that living without them will simply seem incomplete.
Must-have Gadgets of the Modern World
While there are a lot of gadgets to choose from and most of them would be more of a luxury nowadays rather than a necessity, there are specific gadgets which are now more of a necessity because of the familiarity and convenience in using them. In fact, people have become dependent on using these gadgets in their everyday lives that without them, it will be a complete chaos.
• Home Entertainment System
Most households have their own home entertainment system. While options for televisions before are limited, there are now lots of options to choose from, where sizes and even screen technology differ. From 32-inch to 65-inch television complete with a Blu-ray player, it is complete luxury for the eyes.
Smartphones are now a complete must-have. With communication as its primary advantage, mobile and smart phones have longed aided people for better and more convenient communication systems. But with a lot of options, deciding which one to choose will depend on what your priorities are when using these phones. Do you use your phone more on checking your emails, calling or text messaging? Do you use it more in taking photos or playing games? These are only a few things that you should consider.
• Tablets and Laptops
Tablets and laptops have raided the market. From simple word-processing applications in the laptops to highly advanced gaming laptops, if you are a gamer and move around a lot, this would definitely be a must-have gadget for you.
And who would forget cameras? With a vainer social network society today, people post photos in their accounts and websites today more than ever since the trend of the society is a lot more graphical than in the past.
The job of accountants is a demanding one. Deadlines, numerous tasks, the pressure of ensuring the financial integrity of the organization, etc. The modern accountant has to juggle of all these responsibilities, hoping to make full use of all that finance training they had. But another challenge, one brought upon by modern developments: keeping up with constantly updating tech.
So, to help out those who have trouble keeping up with the times, here are some tips to keep yourself from being audited out of relevance.
- Know your skills. Setting a goal is much easier to do when you know where to start. Whatever knowledge you may have of the software used by the financial department may not be exactly what’s needed to make it all work, the ideas and principles generally stay the same (it is the same field, after all). Take note of what skills you possess regarding the most common financing tech, like Excel.
- Continue from the previous point. Now that you know what you have, time to work on getting what you don’t. Learn the skills necessary, receive additional training; join workshops, classes, etc. Maybe gain an IT certification, to get a better grasp of how to how software works, or get certified in the software the financial department uses. If nothing else, it’ll add to your skillset, and help give you something to work with beyond finance training.
- Head for the Cloud. Cloud computing is becoming more and more prevalent. Before, there were flash drives, now there’s Google Drive and Dropbox. The technology of business is now moving into the cloud. Knowing how these work, what makes them tick may not be your forte, but the financial department needs them, so it’s never a bad idea to try and learn.
- Expand your horizons. Sure, you are part of the finance department. But knowing how the technology you use work couldn’t possibly be a bad thing. As we’ve mentioned in the previous points, the difficulty of staying updated is alleviated by having knowledge to work with. The IT experts specialize in IT, just as the Accountants to accounting, but it doesn’t mean someone can’t learn from both; your local IT experts are the easiest way to get started with learning.
- Update yourself about the update. When new versions come out, the company makes the choice of upgrading to the new stuff, or sticking with the old. Of course, the best course of action is usually to update, but you can’t just update blindly. Taking the time to go through the additional information provided, such as tutorial, manual, patch notes, etc., will help ensure that no one goes for the new version blind.