- Posted by: robertppitts72
- Category: Gadgets
Your house’s plumbing system is one of the most important parts of your home. It is your home’s circulatory system that pumps water into your house and allows you access to this valuable resource. For this reason you must always take the time to care for it because when you neglect your plumbing system, problems could definitely occur.
When you do experience a problem in your plumbing, you must always be prepared especially if there isn’t a plumber available near your area. For this reason, you must be able to have some form of knowledge about plumbing that you could use to try and fix the problem or suppress it until the proper professionals arrive.
Aside from basic plumbing knowledge, you must also have the necessary tools to conduct a DIY plumbing repair. Here are some of the essential tools you should have at home.
- What kind of home would not have a plunger? Plungers are a common household item which can be used to dislodge the clogs in toilets, sinks, showers and tubs.
- Flange Plunger. This advanced plunger specializes in toilet clogs as the flanges on its edge and its dome-shape creates a vacuum that would dislodge the sticker and heavier debris in the toilet pipes.
- Sink Auger & Toilet Auger. These cables can snake their way through the pipes to unclog them in case the plunger fails.
- Pipe Wrench. This is the main tool of plumbers and is used to loosen or tighten pipes. It is preferable that you use an adjustable design.
- Tubing Cutter. Smoothly cuts copper pipes.
- Teflon Tape. This is used to prevent leaks as you make the needed repairs. This tape is like a sealant but is faster to apply.
Remember that it is also important that you know how to effectively use these tools otherwise you may only cause further damage to your plumbing. When you think that the problem is too much for you to handle, don’t even think about continuing with the work. Call professional plumbers like those of Richards because they are the ones who are fully qualified and capable of performing complex plumbing work.