Troubleshooting And Safety Measures While Waiting For An Electrician

According to Electrical Safety Foundation International, approximately 50,000 house fires each year is brought about by electrical failures. The majority of it could have been prevented. There are a lot of telltale signs of electrical problems like frequent tripping of circuit breakers or flickering lights, that you may have been deliberately ignoring or procrastinated dealing with. There are many professionals in this field in the country, looking for a licensed electrician in Perth should be easy. But if you have long been ignoring signs of electrical problems and things have become serious like sparks, burning smell and burning discoloration are already happening, there is no reason for you not to be alarmed.

Call an electrician immediately

A good electrician in Perth does not cost that much, especially if it is already a matter of life and death, and between keeping your precious home or risk losing it in a fire. Never attempt to try and repair the problem yourself just to save extra bucks. If you do so, the chance of making things worst is high. Electricity, electrical problems, and electrical wirings are things you should not mess with unless you are a licensed professional in that field. You could risk electrocution, and even put other people in the same house in danger.

Shut off main power source

Every home is equipped with a circuit breaker that immediately trips in case of overload. But sometimes, the circuit breaker can be the problem as well. It would be best to shut off the main power source while waiting for the electrician, but do so with caution.

Try to isolate the problem

At this point, you should have already turned off the main electrical panel.  Try to safely determine the root cause of the problem. In doing so, try to avoid touching anything to prevent any risk of electrocution. Use other senses instead, like your sense of sight and sense of smell. Look for constant sparking, burning discoloration or smoke. Try to determine the room where the burning smell is coming from. Once you determine the room, isolate which of the devices or appliance in that room is causing the problem, but it is probably best to unplug everything. Evaluate the situation carefully, carefully touch the device first and feel if there is any tingling or mild electrical shock. If none, unplug it with caution.

 

Share on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0